Oswestry Paragon Cycling Club (OPCC) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. For any personal data you provide for the purposes of your membership, OPCC is the Data Controller and is responsible for storing and otherwise processing those data in a fair, lawful, secure and transparent way.
What personal data we hold on you
You may give us information about you by filling in forms at an event or online, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register with OPCC or participate in discussion boards on our website or social media pages. The information you give us may include your name, date of birth, address, e-mail address, phone number, and gender (Riders Data). We may also ask for relevant health information, disability, other data which is classed as special category personal data.
Why we need your personal data
The reason we need your Riders Data is to be able to administer your membership and provide the membership services you are signing up to when you register with the club. Our lawful basis for processing your personal data is that we have a contractual obligation to you as a member to provide the services you are registering for.
For membership and club management
- processing of membership forms and payments;
- sharing data with committee members to provide information about club activities, membership renewals or invitation to social events;
- promoting club activity; and
- publishing of race and competition results
- recording of sporting achievements of club members may be retained in results, club records, minutes of Committee meetings, newsletters, articles on the club website and print clippings (newspapers, magazines etc.) after the member has left OPCC
- The club has the following social media page: Facebook. All members are free to join these pages. If you join one of the Social Media pages, please note that the provider of the social media platform has their own privacy policies and that the club does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data on the club social media pages.
- From time to time at races and club events photographs may be taken of club members by individuals who may or may not be members of the club. These are often posted on social media platforms and may be posted on OPCC’s website or may just be held by the taker.
Members of OPCC
The reasons we need to process your personal data include:
- Sharing personal data with the sport governing body (CTT) and UKAD to ensure compliance with the rules of competition entry.
- Sharing information with Associate Club Volunteers to ensure fair competition within the rules of the sport’s governing body and the safety of riders, volunteers and the general public.
- Processing of competition entry fees and CTT Levies
- Publishing of race and competition results
- Recording of sporting achievements may be retained in results, club records, minutes of committee meetings, newsletters, articles on club website and print clippings (newspapers, magazines etc.)
- Non Members
- On occasion we may collect personal data from non-members (e.g. any non-member participant who fills in a form as a come and try entrant). This information will be stored for 7 years after an event and then destroyed securely (apart from race results which will be kept for historical purposes). Our lawful basis for processing your personal data is that we have a contractual obligation to you as an entrant to an event to comply with the CTT rules of competition and ensure the safety of riders, volunteers and the general public
- How long will we keep it
- We will keep Private Member data for such time as you are a member of OPCC and we will delete Personal Data seven years after an individual has ceased to be a member.
- We will keep Affiliated Club Representative data for such a time as you are a representative and will delete Personal Data 12 months after an individual has ceased to be a representative.
- Sign on information is retained for four years after the current season to comply with CTT requirements (apart from race results which will be kept for historical purposes).
- Your rights regarding your personal data
- As a data subject you may have the right at any time to request access to, rectification or erasure of your personal data; to restrict or object to certain kinds of processing of your personal data, including direct marketing; to the portability of your personal data and to complain to the UK’s data protection supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office about the processing of your personal data.
- As a data subject you are not obliged to share your personal data with OPCC. If you choose not to share your personal data with us we may not be able to register or administer your membership or permit entry to a sporting event.
- You can withdraw consent at anytime by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have any concerns or complaints in relation to how OPCC collects and/or processes your personal data, you should contact OPCC, in the first instance (email@example.com). If you are dissatisfied with how your concern/complaint is dealt with by OPCC, you have the right to report your concern/complaint to the Information Commissioners Office (www.ico.org.uk)